The Hershey Story Re-Opening Post COVID-19 Health & Safety Guidelines
As of now, The Hershey Story is not allowed to re-open until Dauphin County is in the “green phase” of Gov. Wolf’s Process to Reopen Pennsylvania Plan.
We miss you! We want you to know that we are actively planning important health and safety protocols for our re-opening, to ensure a safe visit for all our guests. Things might look a little different when our doors open, so here’s what you should know before you visit.
How we are preparing:
- There will be one entry and one exit for all guests.
- Face masks will be required for all staff, volunteers and guests.
- Our dedicated “Clean Team” will be sanitizing high-touch areas at frequent intervals throughout the day.
- Instant hand sanitizer will be available in several high-traffic locations.
- We will be closely monitoring guest access through online timed ticketing. Timed tickets will be available when our opening day is announced. Members will not need a timed ticket.
- There will be frequent signage about the importance of social distancing.
- Contactless ticketing technology will be used at arrival.
- Plexiglass shields will be used at admission and retail areas.
- We are instructing staff to stay home if they feel unwell.
How our visitors can prepare:
- Please pre-purchase timed tickets before visiting, unless you are a member. Timed tickets will be available when opening day is announced.
- Guests who arrive together will be asked to stay together for the duration of their visit.
- Face masks are required for all guests over the age of 2.
- Travelers should strongly adhere to healthy travel practices: wash hands often, cough into your elbow and avoid contact with people who may be sick.
- If you feel ill or experience flu-like symptoms, we urge you to stay home and seek medical care.