Roll up your sleeves and get ready to have fun at Hershey’s sweetest hands-on activity — the Chocolate Lab.
Inspired by Milton Hershey’s own candy-making apprenticeship and his flair for experimentation, the Chocolate Lab explores the distinctive qualities of chocolate through playful, hands-on experiences and interactive demonstrations.
The Chocolate Lab is a workshop where kids and families will learn about the ingredients used in chocolate-making, the refinement process, and some of the secrets of why Hershey’s chocolate is so delicious (not all of the secrets, though). The fun and informative family activity is lead by our in-house chocolate gurus and lasts about 45 minutes.
Kids and adults will have a chance to roll up their sleeves and try their hand in chocolate pouring and decorating, and of course when it’s all over, taste their delicious take-home chocolate creations.
Various class themes are available daily but seating is limited.
Chocolate Lab tickets may be purchased at The Hershey Story, on the day of the class only. Tickets are available on a first come first served basis. We recommend arriving 60 – 90 minutes before your desired class to purchase tickets, and then explore The Hershey Story before your Lab class begins!
IN ORDER TO ENSURE ALL GUESTS HAVE AN ENJOYABLE AND SAFE EXPERIENCE IN THE CHOCOLATE LAB, WE ASK THAT YOU NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- Children must be at least 5 years old to enter the Lab.
- Children under 13 must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- The Lab schedule is subject to change.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- The Chocolate Lab is NOT Kosher.
- The Chocolate Lab is NOT allergen free. However, we make every effort to exclude the use of tree and ground nuts.
- Only service dogs are allowed.