We welcome you to review our site and search our current job postings.
Thank you for your interest in job openings at The Hershey Story, The Museum on Chocolate Avenue.
The M.S. Hershey Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions, including all hiring decisions, are made without regard to race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, pregnancy, non-job-related disability, veteran status, possession of a General Education Development Certificate as compared to a high school diploma, or any other trait protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We strive to hire the hardest working and most qualified individuals.
School Programs Supervisor
This position has primary responsibility for managing front-line school program operations for The Hershey Story, including communications with scheduled groups, greeting groups and directing activities for the day, scheduling docents and teaching when necessary. Incumbent will be responsible for directing groups through Chocolate Lab interactive classes, Museum Experience activities, as well as special educational programs such as homeschool days and summer camp activities. This includes coordinating ticket set-up for special events. The School Programs Supervisor will maintain up-to-date communication lists for constituent groups including public/private schools, homeschools, summer camps and eligible Share the Story scholarship recipients. This position will collaborate with the Sr. Director of Communications, Development & Membership to execute school tour material design and production. This position is responsible for docent communications, scheduling and recognition. The School Programs Supervisor will also serve as Manager on Duty, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Communication skills, written and oral
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Flexibility and creativity
- Planning and organizing skills
- Ability to work well with public
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to work a varied schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in education, history or equivalent related experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in museum educational programming or classroom teaching preferred; demonstrated ability and interest in working with children required
- This position requires a satisfactory comprehensive background check as a condition of employment