We welcome you to review our site and search our current job postings.
Thank you for your interest in job openings at The Hershey Story, The Museum on Chocolate Avenue.
The M.S. Hershey Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions, including all hiring decisions, are made without regard to race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, pregnancy, non-job-related disability, veteran status, possession of a General Education Development Certificate as compared to a high school diploma, or any other trait protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We strive to hire the hardest working and most qualified individuals.
Collections Assistant – Part Time
The Hershey Story seeks a part-time Collections Assistant to work 28 hours per week. The Collections Assistant will aid the Collections Manager with all aspects of collection’s care including physical and digital access and documentation of artifacts. The position’s main responsibilities will be to assist with accessioning, cataloging, loan requests, inventory, deaccessioning and daily physical care of the collection. The Collections Assistant will assist with exhibition development, installation/de-installation and ongoing maintenance as necessary. Cooperate with Hershey Community Archives staff to accurately document items in the museum’s collection. Incumbent will respond to research inquiries and photographic requests. Additionally, the Collections Assistant will work with interns and volunteers on ongoing projects. Occasionally, the incumbent will also assist with public tours and programs. Hourly wage is commensurate with experience.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform major duties/responsibilities:
- BA in museum studies or related field
- 1-year collections management or curatorial experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Keen organizational skills and detail oriented
- Self-motivated and ability to anticipate department needs
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of PastPerfect collections management software is a plus
- Ability to prioritize and work independently
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Ability to lift 25 pounds and work in small spaces
- Ability to react quickly to changing and special situations
- Work hours include some weekends, holidays and evenings
- Valid drivers’ license required
Part-time Chocolate Tastings Associate
12-20 hours per week
Chocolate Tastings Associates are responsible for selling and facilitating chocolate tastings for the general public and after-hours groups. This position will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining specialized equipment, such as chocolate dispensers, and clean-up of both work spaces and guest tables between tastings, based on established protocols.
Learn more about Tastings here.
Candidates must be available to work weekdays and weekends, after-hours events, and holidays. Great customer service skills and the ability to multitask are a must. Associates will be working by themselves most of the time, but being a good team worker is also a must. The position also requires a general knowledge of all Hershey properties as well as opportunities at other local attractions.