Our scholastic programs are perfect for field trips for homeschool children & align with Pennsylvania curriculum standards.
Bring your kids to The Hershey Story and discover all things Hershey — the man, his business, the town, and the chocolate — in an active, hands-on way! Our unique programs reach far beyond history to include economics, geography, science, math and reading.
Join us for Homeschool Day!
Wednesday, October 16 from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
The Cacao Connection
- Scavenger hunt through the museum exhibits
- Chocolate Lab class where students will learn about the three different types of chocolate and make your own candy bar
- Hands-on activities in the classroom such as sorting candy bars on a real conveyor belt, hand wrapping kisses and packaging candy bars.
Pre-registration is required, beginning August 14. Space is limited.
$10 per person. All persons over age 2 must purchase a ticket. Program lasts approximately 90 minutes – 2 hours. Please arrive between 9 and 11 a.m. to ensure you receive a timed Chocolate Lab ticket.
Homeschool Programs Offered During the School Year
The Museum Experience exhibit space offers a variety of curriculum-themed “Museum EduQuest” hunts for children in preschool through Grade 12.
In the Chocolate Lab, students can learn and participate in a variety of classes…and they all include a take-home chocolate treat! From “Assembly Line Adventure” for younger students, to”Temper, Temper” for high school students, the Chocolate Lab offers participatory classes for all students.
Homeschool groups of 15 or more students are welcome Monday through Friday during the school year. Admission rates for these groups are as follows:
- Museum Experience EduQuest (1 hour): $7.50
- Chocolate Lab Class (45 min): $7.50
- EduQuest and Chocolate Lab (2 hour): $10.00
- Chaperones: One adult is admitted free for every five students. $9.00 for each additional adult
Schedule your homeschool group today! Make your reservation request here.